Deutsch English Impressum Kontakt
The Gothic Chapel

© ©


The whole architecture of the Gothic Cross Chapel goes back to its origins around 1350.

The uniqueness of this chapel resides in the stone sculptures of Saint Catherine of Alexandria 1 and of

Saint Nicholas from Myra 2 as well as in the

three keystones of the vault 3 – all from about 1350.

The priests´ bench 4 also from this time has a superstructure similar to the baldachins of the two stone sculptures.

The so called Lettner Cross 5 was brought here in 1973 in place of the Saint Johan Nepomuk altar. It dates to around 1520. The Lettner is the rood loft used by preachers and singers alike.

The inner side of the triumphal arch 6 has paintings (flowers and tendrils) from 1350. The sacred numbers seven and twelve are interwoven in the design.

High above the triumphal arch of the chapel is the former high altar painting Angel´s Overthrow by Michelangelo Unterberger (1752).


Der neue Pfarrer
Pater Erhard Rauch SDS 2014, © Kati Bruder

  Am So, 2.10.2016 wurde
  das Amt des Pfarrers an
  Pater Erhard Rauch SDS

  Der neue Pfarrer...
© Pfarre Sankt Michael

  Ausgabe Nr. 40,
  August 2016